Kia Motor India Limited hereinafter called “KMI”, warrants that each new Kia vehicle sold shall be free from any defects in material and workmanship, under normal use and maintenance, subject to the following terms and conditions.
- This warranty shall exist for a period of 36 months from the date of delivery to the first purchaser irrespective of the mileage.
- Warranty for Kia vehicle being used for commercial purpose such as Taxi/Tourist operation is 36 months/100,000 kilometres from the date of delivery whichever is earlier.
- Warranty is transferable to subsequent owner for the remaining warranty period and is applicable only in India and not transferable to any other country.
|Kia Seltos||3 Years / Unlimited Kms|
|Kia Carnival||3 Years / Unlimited Kms|
|Kia Sonet||3 Years / Unlimited Kms|
What is covered
Except as provided in "What is not covered", our Authorized Dealers will either repair or replace, any Kia genuine part that is acknowledged by KMI to be defective in material or workmanship within the warranty period stipulated above, at no cost to the owner of the Kia vehicle for parts or labour. Such defective parts which have been replaced will become the property of KMI
What is not covered
- This warranty shall not apply to:
- Normal maintenance services, including without limitation, cleaning and polishing, minor adjustments, engine tuning, oil/fluid changes, filters replenishment, fastener re tightening, wheel balancing, wheel alignment and tyre rotation etc.
- Replacement of parts as a result of normal wear and tear such as spark plugs, belts, brake pads and linings, clutch disc/facing, filters, wiper blades, bulbs, fuses, etc.
- Damage or failure resulting from:
- Negligence of proper maintenance as written in the Owner’s Manual and Service Booklet.
- Misuse, abuse, accident, theft, flooding or fire.
- Use of improper or insufficient fuel, fluids or lubricants.
- Use of parts other than Kia Genuine Parts.
- Any device and/or accessories not supplied by KMI.
- Modifications, alterations, tampering or improper repair.
- Parts used in applications of which they were not designed or not approved by KMI.
- Slight irregularities not recognized as affecting quality or function of the vehicle or parts, such as slight noise or vibrations, or items considered characteristic of the vehicle.
- Airborne “fallout”, Industrial fallout, acid rain, hail and windstorms, or other Acts of God.
- Paint scratches, dents or similar paint or body damage.
- Action of road elements (sand, gravel, dust or road debris) which results in stone chipping of paint or glass.
- Incidental or consequential damages, including without limitation, loss of time, inconvenience, loss of use of vehicle or commercial loss. Audio, Video Navigation & Telematics System, Batteries, Tyres & Tubes and Audio Systems, originally equipped on Kia vehicles are warranted directly by the respective manufacturers and not by KMI.
- This warranty is the entire warranty given by KMI for Kia vehicles and no dealer or its or his agent or employee is authorized to extend or enlarge this warranty and no dealer or its or his agent or employee is authorized to make any oral warranty on KMI’s behalf.
- KMI reserves the right to make any change in design or make any improvement on the vehicle at any time without any obligation to make the same change on vehicles previously sold.
- KMI reserves the right for the final decision in all warranty matters
What is not covered
- Proper use, maintenance and care of the vehicle in accordance with the instructions written in Owner’s Manual and Service Booklet. If the vehicle is subjected to severe usage conditions, such as operation in extremely dusty, rough, more repeated short distance driving or heavy city traffic during hot weather, maintenance of vehicle should be done more frequently as mentioned in Owner’s Manual and Service Booklet
- Retention of maintenance service records. It may be necessary for the customer to show that the required maintenance has been performed, as specified in the Owner’s Manual and Service Booklet.
- Delivery of the vehicle during regular service business hours to any authorized Kia Dealer to obtain warranty service.
- In order to maintain the validity of this Basic Warranty, the vehicle must be serviced by Kia Authorized workshop in accordance to the Owner’s Manual and Service Booklet.